REVITALIZING THE BODY OF CHRIST
There is a need to help the church regain its purpose and focus. Jesus reminds us in Revelations 2:4 that believers have forsaken their first love and have fallen far from Christ. His instructions are that the body of Christ is to repent and do the things they did at first. Ultimately, revitalization means bringing again into activity and prominence. Below is a passage which hints to the direction that God is calling the body of Christ. He is calling us to “LOVE” (active and prominent love).
Ephesians 4:15-16 communicates this reality:
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
What is a revitalized church?
- A body of believers who communicate truth in a loving manner.
- A body of believers surrendered to the Lordship of Christ.
- A body of believers growing up into Christ.
- A body of believers unified by Christ.
- A body of believers sustained by Christ.
- A body of believers who love Christ and other believers.
- A body of believers who actively serves Christ.